Welcome to Lucksall Caravan Park
Reception/ Shop - open daily during the Season
- Monday - Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am -6:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am- 4:30pm
- Sunday 9:00am-3:30pm
- Located by Reception is our information hut- information about the local villages, places to visit, doctors, supermarkets, etc. Please don't hesitate to ask.
In case of emergencies, please ring 07790 388495/ 07896 911358 this will be diverted to a member of staff. Please note the landline 01432 870213 is only answered during office hours.
Our on-site shop is opened daily during the Season, well stocked with a variety of items including:
- A selection of caravan & camping accessories- including pegs, fuses, bulbs, gas, Elsan toilet fluid etc.
- Selection of wines, ciders & ales
- Ice-creams including dog ice-cream, some frozen food items, drinks, chocolates, sweets etc
- Selection of tin foods, preserves
- Dog items including dog ice-cream
- Calor gas
- Local walking maps
- And much more.
We are proud to stock a selection of delicious local produce which includes:
- Milk & eggs from local dairy
- Apple juice
- Selection of meat from Local Butcher including bacon, ham, sausages, burgers, gammon
- Fresh bread and rolls from local bakery
Stock will vary during certain times of the Season.
Cash & card payments accepted, there is a minimum spend of £5 per transaction.
Riverside Bar & Eatery (on-site)
Welcome to the Riverside Bar & Eatery located on the Caravan Park. For any enquiries please phone 07717 882899
Delicious selection of Local Ciders and Ales to sit back and relax next to the River Wye.
Please note that Riverside Bar & Eatery is a separate business from Lucksall Caravan and Camping Park and they will have their own opening times displayed through the season, this may be limited/reduced hours.
Spacious Flat Pitches
- Large, flat and closely mowed pitches – all with up to 16 amp electric hook up.
- Charging of electric vehicles not permitted on Park
- We have a wide selection of pitches from gravel hard standing to large level grass pitches either on the open riverside or more sheltered and quieter areas.
- Please park your (unit) caravan/motorhome/tent in the middle of your allocated pitch.
- DO NOT PARK SIDE-ON YOUR PITCH.
- Pitches are available from 1:00pm
- Day of departure please vacate your pitch by 11.00am.
- We do not have fully service pitches
- Groundsheets / mats are not permitted on the grass pitches
Glamping Pods & Glamping Huts
Come glamping at Lucksall, no need to worry about setting up a tent or packing it away. Stop in one of our many lovely Glamping pods or huts that can be found dotted around Lucksall. There are two and four berth Glamping units available to Hire.
All pods have raised beds with mattresses, TV with built in DVD player, Kettle and Heater, all making for a cosy, comfortable and very enjoyable stay, rain or shine.
Glamping units are available from 2:00pm
Day of departure please vacate glamping unit by 10:30am leave window open and return key to reception
Three Heated Shower & Toilet Blocks
- Three heated toilet and shower block facilities with wash basins, hand and hair dryers.
- Three elsan disposal points
- Three undercover dishing washing
- Laundry room
- Hand sanitiser stations provided near washroom facilities.
Due to the risks associated with using communal blocks we strongly recommend you use your own facilities where possible. When using our toilet/shower blocks please pay careful attention to signage and markings, and be aware that in addition to our main cleaning times there will be enhanced cleaning regimes and you may need to wait before entering.
Disabled and Infant Facilities
Two disabled rooms both with shower, toilet, washbasin, seat, grab handles, hair and hand dryers. Disabled rooms are located at the middle toilet facility block Washroom 2. Ramp access.
Infant room contains bath, toilet, wash basin, baby changing facilities and bottle warmer. Infant room is designed and to be used only for children under 4 year old and children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Located Washroom 3 there are steps up to this facility block.
A key is available from reception during office hours with a £5 cash deposit which will be returned once you have returned the key back to reception.
We have a separate laundry room located at Washroom 2.
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Coin operated
- Deep sink for handwashing
- Strictly children are not permitted to enter the laundry room.
- Please follow signage, use hand sanitiser before and after entering the building.
River access Launching and Landing
We are located right next to the beautiful River Wye.
- There are two access points down to the River with steps for launching/ landing your own canoe, kayak or paddle board.
- Guests staying at Lucksall can use the access points down to the River for launching / landing during their stay.
A polite reminder: Lucksall is private property anyone not staying at Lucksall you must call reception on 01432 870213 in advance to check if we are allowing launching / recovery of canoes, kayaks, paddleboards at that time and you will need to pre-book.
There is a charge £4.00 per a day per vehicle and £4.00 per canoe/ SUP/ Kayak to launch or recover. If you are not staying with us you will need to pre-book launching / landing prior to arrival due to limited availability.
- Caution should be taken at all times by everyone using the access points to the River Wye especially the Pontoon and steps.
- Please be aware the River Wye is fast flowing with many under currents and the pontoon is not a fixed structure and move with the current of the River.
- Children must be supervised whilst on the Park and are the responsibility of their parent or guardian at all times.
- Don’t take risks and never underestimate the power of the River Wye.
- Do not jump or dive into the River.
Fenced Children’s Play Area
There is a children's play area on the Caravan Park with slide, swings, arched ladder etc.
Do not fly kites on the Caravan Park.
Parents or guardians are responsible for the safety of children in their care at all times whilst on the Park. Play areas are never entirely risk free so we ask children are supervised by an adult. Please remember you are responsible for your children on the Caravan Park.
Please ensure children are supervised at all times by a responsible adult or Guardian.
Vehicles and cycles
- For the safety and enjoyment of everyone on site, please keep your speed down.
- Speed limit on Park is 5mph, that's 1st gear.
- Take extra care near Reception, facilities, moving vehicles near pitches, children playing and wildlife.
- Please make sure you follow one-way systems
- Young children may move around your vehicle carelessly, because they have little understanding of road risks, and adapt your driving technique to allow for this.
- No cycling on Park during hours of darkness.
Dog Exercise Area
- There is a (leaded) exercise area on-site
- Opposite the Caravan Park is approx. 85 Acres of Park owned Woodland providing fantastic off-lead walking with views over the River Wye and surrounding countryside.
- There are a variety of local walks to explore this picturesque location.
- We pride ourselves on welcoming the whole family and we want your dog to enjoy their holiday just as much as you!
Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Lucksall is located in beautiful Herefordshire countryside in the Wye Valley an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' and therefore we are classed as a 'Dark Zone'. Enjoy starry night sky but remember to bring a torch with you.
There are ample drinking water points throughout the park with grey water.
Currently the WIFI is free and the Wi-Fi is very restricted due to our rural location and is not for streaming.
The service may not be the same as you are used to at home.
Bus stop is situated right outside our main entrance and the buses take you into Hereford city centre, ideal if you don’t have or want to use your own transport. From Hereford you can also catch a bus to other locations such as Ross-on-Wye, Ledbury and Hay-on-Wye. Bus timetable can be found in our information hut for the bus times from the Caravan Park.
Taxi operators will pick up and drop off to Lucksall Park, with Hereford being only a few miles away. Some will even transport canoes and kayaks. Telephone numbers can be found in our information hut.
Train Station - We are located near Hereford & Ledbury both of which have a train station.
Please check where your nearest fire point is so you can raise the alarm if you discover a fire, make a note of where the assembly point is and read the fire action notice. Fire extinguishers are provided at the fire points. If fire breaks out, follow Site staff instructions. The assembly point is shown on site plan.
- Barbeques are allowed if gas or charcoal, no wood.
- BBQ's must be raised off the ground, if not please use themolite blocks.
- Fires and fire pitts are Not Permitted.
- Buring of wood is not permitted
- Please extinguish completely after use and do not put hot ashes in the bins.
- Do not take sticks, branches from trees and hedges. Sky Chinese Lanterns are not permitted.
- Cooking is not permitted inside the Glamping Units.
Close to Local Shops
Within 1 ½ miles of the caravan park is Fownhope Village which has:
- Our local Village shop called West End Stores with a post office, off licence.
- Butcher- John A Pritchard & Son
- Fownhope Medical Centre
- St Mary's Church
- Recreation field with a play area
- The Shop @ Coo Corner
- Selection of local country pubs serving food and local drink.
Hereford is approx. 5 miles from the Caravan Park where you can find a selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and much more