Lucksall is set on the banks of the River Wye, spend your day relaxing. The River Wye is renowned by many fisherman as some of the best unspoilt river fishing in the country. On a sunny day you can walk along the banks of the Wye and spot many of the species in shoals or basking in the sunshine.
The River Wye has a contrasting water course from fast running hard bottom riverbed to slow deep silted sections, making it ideal for targeting particular species or for varied fishing techniques/abilities.
- Barbel fishing is one of the most popular types of fishing on the River Wye, with some Barbel weighing into double figures.
- Lucksall also has a good reputation for Pike fishing, with fish being caught into the 30+ lbs showing that there are some great specimens to be caught.
- Fishing on the River Wye is truly magnificent not only for the range of fish inhabiting its waters but the possibility to immerse into the rugged nature of the River Wye and observe the fantastic range of wildlife from kingfishers and otters to the curlews and swans.
- Please note there is no disabled access down to the river banks.
- We do not provide fishing equipment
Please be aware the River Wye is fast flowing with many under currents. Don’t take risks and never underestimate the power of the river. Children must be supervised at all times.